Free School Meals
If you receive any of the following support payments, your child may be entitled to Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
As a school, we are also able to claim a grant of £1,345 from the Government each year, called Pupil Premium, for children registered for Free School Meals.
The Pupil Premium funding is used to help raise achievement levels for eligible children. Registering your child doesn’t mean they have to have a school meal if you don’t want them to - they can bring a packed lunch instead - but it will guarantee extra funding for your child’s education via the Pupil Premium grant.
Please note that if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, you will automatically be entitled to free meals under the 'Universal Infant Free School Meals' criteria. However, if you do meet the criteria listed above, and you haven’t already done so, then you will need to submit an on-line claim in order for your child to start receiving the Pupil Premium funding.
We also provide a free bagel at morning break for all children entitled FSM.
If you think you may be eligible, please complete the online application form.
If you need any help or require a paper copy of the application form, please contact the school office.